Monday, February 11, 2008

The "Don't Want To"s


I know that just last week I said that Monday was once my favorite day of the week. Well, on THIS Monday I have a case of the "don't want to"s. I have lots of things to do. I have two very creative projects that I should be in the middle of designing. I have one brand new project that I need to put a proposal together for. If I don't do that then work can't proceed. What am I doing sitting here at my computer playing with photos?? Instead of working on things I already have going I'm playing around. Jeez! I better buckle down!

For you artists who read this blog and think they can't keep up with my heavy work load -- rejoice! I have downtimes, too, I just don't often admit it!

Inspiration of the Day: downtime

4 comments:

fleeboy said...

your down days would be to me my most productive ones. playing always counts as productive. we're artists, dammit. an artist that doesn't play is an engineer or a craft people. so, unless one of your projects is doilies or a suspension bridge, play on.

Walker said...

ah flee - I guess I WAS discounting my "play" as being irrelevant. You're right, though, play is way we artists work out new ideas. No doilies, though.

Anonymous said...

that is a great photo and if I may say one heck of a jet fueled horse-great shot and even greater eye of an artist

CMC said...

Well...hope you want to come meet up with us "waxy" artists Saturday....