Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Workshop Work

Haven't taken one picture of anything I've done here - so nothing to show right now. But I've been really productive. I've got a wall full of paintings that never would have happened at home. That's exciting to me because I am out of my comfort zone. Sometimes my own studio stops me from producing serious work because I'm too comfortable there.

Bob Burridge is a very lighthearted guy - who loves to paint. It shows in his work, and in his workshop.

We have limited wireless access, and right now I'm sitting outside the art center office, in a cold plastic chair with a chill wind tossing the branches of tall cedars. Bright spring flowers sway and spread pollen, grasses dance. We are freezing. Thank goodness I was able to borrow some sweaters and a warm scarf! brrrrrr

And last night, creative fools that we are, Nancy and I took our cameras to Glass Beach. We are experimenting with long exposures, and didn't pack up til well after dark. That made for a very long day. Today it's much too windy (thank goodness) or we'd be back there this evening as the sun filters through the sea spray turning the waves to gold.

No comments: