Monday, November 13, 2006

Answered Prayers

My nerves are shot!

I am supposed to leave for Santa Fe tomorrow and (1) I don't have a vehicle and (2) I'm not finished with my commission projects.

The last step in a photo painting is to print the image. So here I am with painted pieces of canvas 36" x 106" and I'm feeding them into my printer. The trick is to register the printed element in the correct place on the page. I practiced with watercolor paper this morning, established margins that work, and am now printing the first one. I've been saying prayers of gratitude for about 12 minutes now - and I won't stop until I have printed the last one (there are six!).

Noticing that I have very little time left, I made a call last night and hired someone to come over and stretch these nine canvases. He's not that happy about it, but agreed, bless his heart! So it looks like I'll get everything done except for the "fish stamp palm" which I haven't started. I did buy the pink rubber stuff to carve into little fish, but I don't even know how to use that, guess I'll figure it out when I need to, like usual.

aaaaaack!

2 comments:

Lisa Call said...

Finally getting a chance to catch up some blogs. Ack - my nerves are shot just reading about your last week!

Best of luck to you. Enjoy Santa Fe. Yum sopapillas!

Bobbi A. Chukran, Author said...

Robin, did you also buy the carving tools? You use regular linoleum block carving tools....I'd use a really wide "v" tool since your painting is so large.

bobbi c.