Monday, November 28, 2005

Frozen

The leaves that valiantly held on to branches when I first arrived have succumbed to the wind and cold. The mountains in the distance are white. This early morning is completely frozen.

I am already doing household chores. My friends will return home tonight, and I want them to have a clean cozy place. This afternoon when I run last minute errands in town I will buy flowers.

Yesterday I spent many hours with a long time friend. There have been many changes in her life this year, not the least of which is a new townhome she's purchased. Her wonderful yellow lab has a small yard to run in, and there's a magnificent view of all three mountain ranges. On top of that, she travels with her job, and wants someone to housesit! Great news for me. This is the first time I've been to Santa Fe this whole year. Guess that will be changing.

There's a very large balcony, a perfect place to set up an easel!

No comments: