Monday, July 16, 2007

Keeping Busy

Mercury Grill

I just realized how long it's been since I posted. That reflects a manic sense of too much to do in too little time.

I've been printing the photographs for the Ritz Carlton for five days. Yesterday I signed and numbered all 215 of them, and wrapped them for delivery. It was my goal to have them ready for Monday morning delivery, and they are.

My printer has really been getting a workout. With that in mind I found a new Epson 4800 on Craigslist very reasonably priced. I picked it up on Saturday, and the monster is now sitting in my office. It was left in a leased space when a tenant moved out and the landlord sold it to recoup lost revenue. Great deal for us both.

Also went to Mercury Grill on Saturday. They have ordered two more paintings (for a total of 21 paintings in the same restaurant) and I needed to see the ones they want me to match. It's so dark in there matching will not be a problem. It was really cool to see the whole restaurant with my work.

So today it's a visit to the gym this morning, followed by delivery to my gallery, then to the electronics store for a couple of cables. Then it's back to work on the art placement for Texas Clinic. The sooner I get that approved the sooner I start painting.

3 comments:

p said...

congrats! its neat to see your art resting calmly on the walls especially after reading all you go through to get it done.

Walker said...

Thanks! It's fun for me to see it, too. Robin

Martha Marshall said...

Whew! I'm tired already just thinking about all of that.