Friday, June 23, 2006

Feedback

Big installation in progress! Twelve pieces, spanning thirty feet. Had a meeting with the designers this morning and got some valuable feedback on how to proceed. The image above is five of the 12 pieces. They have already changed since I took that photo this morning. Did the designers like what I had done so far? Not really. They are looking for more layering of colors, blending of lines (no hard edges). They do like the format, but don't like the graphic aspect. For instance, they like the vertical drips, but want them spaced unevenly. I got a lot of valuable feedback which allows me to move forward with confidence. And that's good because this design firm is working on about 15 more hotel projects!

In other news, I did NOT get the Mexican restaurant commission. The owner said my sample did not show the Mexican passion he was looking for. Duh. They really wanted me to copy another artist's work which I refused to do, and I think that was the real problem. Oh well, can't win 'em all!

No comments: