Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Waiting for Approval

The most anxiety-producing time in a commissioned painting's life lies between the artists laying down the brush and the client's approval. That's where I am. Of course there is more than one client - my client also has a client, and there could be another after that. Which puts me on hold. And since the energy of the painting is my energy, and since it dominates my space, I am vibrating with the need for completion. I know what happens next! But I cannot lift my brush until I get approval.

I need to leave the house -- I can't stand this!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW--probably one of your best works of art yet-- it's always exciting to wait for your next best to show up- you should feel very proud-- you go girl!!

Joyce said...

This is wonderful! I like the way you have the flowers overlapping their borders and I like the way you left some of the underpainting showing through.

I, too, sense all that energy you are describing.