Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Mental Preparation

Since I've been so busy painting I haven't had time to pack. I know I have less than 2 wks to go before taking off to foreign places. And I am taking art supplies, so it's important to plan ahead. Now if I could just set these brushes down and get to it!

There are a few new tweaks on the FV painting. And I taped a dollar bill in the center to show the scale. Top right corner, added black. Left side grid, painted white (replaced a beigey color). Increased saturation and contrast in floral elements, and rocks. Glazed over the checkerboard (bottom right) with white metallic. Many other brushstrokes that I can't remember. After hearing that my client will be here tomorrow to see it in person, I put the paints away.

Today I am processing photos. A client has asked for 100+ scenics. Going through photos allows me to re-visit those places, so I'm having a really good time!

2 comments:

MMComstock said...

Those seemingly small changes have made a big difference--it really pops now.
Margot

Martha Marshall said...

Yeah! I wouldn't have zeroed in on those particular elements, but can see the better resolution after your changes!

Now let's hope the client doesn't say anything like "I'd like more contrast in the checkerboard and less in the rocks . . . "