Monday, March 13, 2006

The Finish Line

I can see the light! Got a friend to help me move the FV painting higher up on the wall. That really helped, because I was able to take the photo above, and really see the painting. Now I can confidently move forward.

And now that I see that I can complete this project well inside my deadline, I have hauled out a suitcase and actually started packing for France. It feels good to have a little break between painting and packing.

Last week I was asked to participate in two gallery shows. One is a solo show in a gallery attached to a major hospital. The other is the Bath House Cultural center. I don't usually do gallery shows, it's really too much trouble for me what with all the planning and framing, but these just dropped in my lap and I accepted. It was a weird set of circumstances, but both places found me on the internet, contacted me and asked me to participate. The hospital gallery actually picked things off my website and asked me to apply with those images (there's a board that juries the artists). The Bath House director was looking at my website when he called me, and said he would send me an email with recommendations of what to hang for the show. That's so foreign to me! Oh well, I'm going with the flow, that's for sure!

1 comment:

Martha Marshall said...

Must be a great feeling, Robin! Hope all this means you can go on your trip without anything tugging at you, so that you can enjoy yourself in proper fashion. Your painting looks good already!