Monday, March 06, 2006

"I'm Just Trying to Matter"

--Reese Witherspoon quoting June Carter Cash at the Academy Awards last night. In my quest for "mattering" I am taking a new look at my bright white canvas. I am also influenced by a quote I just read concerning design of healthcare facilities "How a building feels helps you heal." Jonathan Bailey.

This is not just a painting, it's an integral part of the space it occupies, and I am charged with creating the right "feel". I love that.

I had a meeting yesterday with my new friend who is trading home remodeling for paintings. Great deal for both of us. I think he'll be starting soon, because today he is bringing me some ideas for a painting for his wife's birthday next month. Since I will be in France, I'll have to finish it before I leave. Yikes!

And thanks to the internet I have been contacted by a medical construction company that is building a new facility here in Dallas and needs some artwork. From what I can gather, this will be a full-service project: placement, design, painting, framing, and delivery (maybe installation, too). Can't wait to meet this guy who has the most perfect name : Henry R Brilliant

2 comments:

garyb50 said...

No way... you made up that name !!!

MMComstock said...

Nah, she didn't.

Another Brilliant, Ashley Brilliant, out of Santa Barbara, made a career of small bits of wisdom on postcards and such. One of my favorites could have been written for Robin:

"I'm just moving clouds today—tomorrow I'll try mountains."

Margot