Saturday, March 04, 2006

The Pressure Mounts

Now that we are in the last few weeks before spending a month in France, I have started mentally packing and preparing. And I have a huge new white canvas on my wall begging for attention. Feast or famine, that's the way of the world.

The France trip is an artists' residency program, and I applied with five artist friends, Martha Marshall, Karen Jacobs, Pat Stevens, Annette Bush, Cheryl McClure, and Raya. Another artist friend, Ellie Clemens, lives in the area we are visiting and will join us. The rest of us live in all parts of the US and we're meeting in Toulouse, France where we have rent cars reserved. The residency is in St Columbe, a tiny village south east of Toulouse. The organization is CatArt.

I don't have a plan of activities, but am definitely taking all my camera equipment. And I would like to take a few days to re-visit Paris, after a short trip to Barcelona. Gosh, when will I have time to paint? Maybe not at all.

2 comments:

Martha Marshall said...

How I wish I were going!!

Martha

aafan said...

Sounds like a wonderful plan!

You won't be that far from the cave paintings at Les Eyzies du Tarn, which I am probably spelling wrong, but there are tours of some of the ancient artwork there. We visited there, years ago. Very inspiring! I love visiting France. How wonderful to be able to draw and paint there.