Monday, January 09, 2006

Falling Behind

I really really expected to be delivering 10 paintings today. The five that I have documented here, plus giclees of prior paintings that I am printing .

The grid paintings that I have been working on all week are ready to print. Since I have never done this before, I wasn't sure what my strategy would be. The obvious thing would be to take the grid that I created to print the pattern on the blank canvas and overlay the photographs on that, then run the painted canvas through the printer. So I searched my computer for that file, and dammit, must have deleted it. So late last night I measured each square and created a new grid. Then I took each photo and placed it on top of the square where it will print, leaving a 1/4 border all around in case the registration is off, which it is guaranteed to be. Then I deleted the layer that had the grid pattern on it. I am left with a file that has the photos and nothing else. I will print it today (soon).

The other images that I am printing are in my Spanish Tiles series. I only had digital photographs of these paintings, and not very high quality, so I have spent a lot of time tweaking these images before printing. They aren't as good as if I had made a transparency in the beginning, but they have been approved by the client, and that's all that matters.

If the stars are aligned in the Universe I still might be able to deliver this afternoon!

1 comment:

Joanie said...

Looking forward to seeing how your printing comes out! Let me know when you post pictures.