Friday, October 12, 2007

Photo Processing

I've known for months that I have a 60 ft wall of photographs to provide for Texas Clinic. And I have a theme: water. Sounds easy - I choose 15 photos from my extensive inventory of appropriate images, process and print to size, then deliver to my framer. Well installation is weeks away and I've only printed four images. What takes so long?

See the example above? That's only one choice of image processing. I always go for drama and my style may not suit everyone. But to get to that point ( the processed image) I can literally spend hours if not days. Perfection is elusive -- but I never give up the search for it.

In other news, I got approval for the sculpture design, and the modeling foam arrived yesterday. That means I'll be teaching myself how to carve this weekend. What fun thing do you have planned?

4 comments:

Joanie Gagnon San Chirico said...

I agree, I love the one with the color "popped". Just beautiful.

Toni said...

I know exactly what you mean! I'm working on a series of images shot during the historic Chisholm Trail Cattle Drive a few weeks ago. I was going to mention to you, check out TriCoast Photo's finding color actions!

Steven LaRose said...

no fun here.
I finally "wired" my wifes studio so that she has heat,lights and sewing power. The dog is limping and the daughter's nose is oozing. Nothing fun. And yet, joyfully productive.

Be careful with foam. Carving it can make easy as well as toxic marks.

fleeboy said...

computers can eat time so quickly. but your results are definitely worth it, no?