Sunday, May 20, 2007

Buried in Clutter

My biggest organizational challenge has always been paper. Newspaper, magazine, bills, advertisements, junk mail, everything paper. That's part of the reason I started doing collage work, it "allowed" me to buy even more paper. So now I have hundreds of old magazines, etc. etc. etc. I know I should separate them into reference and garbage, but at this point I can't even do that. I've been on a purge all week, and today is another day of being ruthless. It's been a case of "do I own this stuff or does this stuff own me?" Out it all goes.

It feels great!

I'm not painting today, but I'm putting the studio in order. I only have a few days this week since I'll be spending a few days in south Texas visiting my Dad. Then June 2 I leave for the photography workshop in Oregon (yay!).

Regarding my previous post about the hotel company looking for artists, read this.

5 comments:

Bee Skelton said...

I can see your halo gleaming from here!! ;-) You're giving me the urge to de-clutter the studio. Hope you don't mind, but I've tagged you ... check my blog for details. Completely optional Robin ... you've probably got way too much on your plate just now... but come to play if you like. Hugs Bee

Martha Marshall said...

I wish I could take a few days from my self-imposed deadlines to do a little purging around here!

Love the blog post about working for free! Thanks for sharing that.

Emily said...

Great article on No Spec. I'm learning about this and I'm learning to demand a fair wage.

Anonymous said...

Doesn't it feel great to purge?
In regards to the paper, I always save bits and pieces to use on collages. It always works out great!

I've been reading your blog for a while...Keep up the good work!

Walker said...

I saved lots of papers for collage - then I stopped doing so much collage work. Still can't get rid of that beautiful paper, though.