Friday, July 14, 2006

Extractions

Sometimes large paintings become the basis for smaller ones by extracting elements. This is the third incarnation of the "Geologic Rocks." The first ones were commissions for the DFW Grand Hyatt hotel suites. The second were reworked with fewer elements for room art for a Sheraton in Chicago. This is a series of three, even more simplified, for offices at a local Dallas car dealership.

I painted these at the same time I am working on the 12 pc installation (still). I almost have a handle on that project. Like I explained to my client yesterday, it's not the painting part that is holding me up, it's the design work. The installation will span 30 ft, and I have all the paintings lined up in order on the floor of the studio. As I make minor color adjustments to one, I add the same color to another, so to have a cohesive color flow. Photos coming soon.

2 comments:

Karen Jacobs said...

This is like being the proverbial 'fly on the wall'... Kool! Love following your process. KJ

Walker said...

Hey KJ - I'm watching your blog too!