Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Blurred and Sharp

I have long admired a photographic technique used on running water where the water becomes a blur and the surrounding landscape stays crisply in focus. With the abundance of creeks, rivers, and waterfalls in the Idaho/Wyoming area, we had time to set up tripods and practice. This is the first waterfall we saw, and took probably a hundred photos of it. This is one of the better ones, lots were immediately deleted. That's one big benefit of shooting digitally.

As soon as I get all my images transferred over to the new hard drives I will get a new pbase gallery set up with the new shots.

Henry Brilliant has come through once again. They had a presentation while I was out of town, and he called yesterday to tell me that I was a big hit. The design firm presented to the tenants the design, colors, furnishings and artwork planned for the first building. I sent along some paintings as an example of my work. Henry wants me to set up a display of paintings so that the tenants can choose their own art. Haven't figured out how that could work, but I might put some packets together. They would be contacting me directly, so it's all retail - woohoo! They are breaking ground on the first building next week, then two more closely following. And all this from a guy who saw my work in a local hospital. I haven't even met him!

Got a phone call from a gallery in California while I was standing in the shadows of the Tetons. She has bought my work from reps in the past, then found my website and came directly to me because she has a 15 floor office building that has a huge budget and they are using all original art instead of posters. She wanted me to send her some inventory, which I don't keep, but in a stroke of synchronicity one of my clients returned some consignment pieces which I can now send to California.

I am still laboring on the 12 pc installation. I vastly underpriced it. Even though I have known the designer for many years I haven't worked directly with her before and didn't know how --uh-- "particular" she is. Another lesson learned.

2 comments:

Karen Jacobs said...

Doesn't take long for you to get back into the swing of things... but then, maybe you never left? Glad you had a great trip, looking forward to the photo show.

Bee Skelton said...

Powerful image made even stronger in black and white. Ab Fab!