Saturday, May 06, 2006

Manifestation

What is it? Sunspots on a concrete floor, outside the sculpture studio of David Vanorveek, Ste Colombe, France

I have long been intrigued by circumstances, synchronicity, and answered prayers. I continually wonder how much our thoughts and expectations influence the events in our lives. In the face of much evidence, I believe that I control a good bit of what happens in my life. A reminder of that was last year when I stated to the group of artists at the residency in Hungary that I may not be the best painter but I was very good at selling my work. A few weeks later during our weekend show, mine were the only two paintings that sold.

I just returned from a month in France during which I added several thousand new photos to my database. Yesterday a client called to tell me about a new hotel project, owned by a French couple, and asked me to put some photography together for her presentation next week. I couldn't have done that a month ago.

Is it a coincidence? Or did the energy of my week's focus on my French photography create the space for this opportunity? Did I manifest it? Who knows. But I'll have a busy weekend, regardless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Coincidence? Is there such a thing? Hmmmmm. I doubt it. I've had too many life-changing coincidences to think that could be true.