Sunday, April 16, 2006

Postcard View

The week has passed in a blur of changing colors and shapes. The cherry blossoms that welcomed us when we arrived have been replaced by scented lilac and bold irises. The patterns in the fields are becoming more defined as alfalfa grows taller and the rape flowers reach full bloom. Poplars and willows are leafing, and there's a tree budding out in a lovely shade of quinacridrone gold that provides a needed contrast against fields too green to believe.

I went to the figure drawing class, and discovered that it requires a lot of concentration to get the angles and proportions right. It was my first time, and the results are evidence of that. There's a figurative art society in Dallas I might look into when I get home.

In the meantime, I continue to be inspired by the landscape. In fact, this is the first time in so long that my mind can be completely still. It's Easter morning, the sun has just shown itself in a riot of candy colors, and I'm writing this from France. Life is good.

Inspiration : still the landscape

1 comment:

MMComstock said...

The wonderful description is poetry, Robin. I am so enjoying your adventure with you, thank you!

The list is nearly silent. I think everyone is bloghopping instead! I miss you all, um, y'all, and when y'all come home, I'll be missing France along with you, just as if I'd been there. ; )

Margot