Wednesday, February 06, 2008

15 Minutes of Panic

Midday yesterday I realized that I didn't really have anything to do. No deadlines to meet, nothing to prepare. No concepts to dream up.

I considered worrying about it -- and spent 15 minutes doing so until the phone rang and I was right back in it.

A project that I thought I lost came through, only one photographic image, but it's room art, so it's multiples.

And two new projects needed concepts, so I was busy photoshopping most of the day. I got very confused because the two projects are completely different. One is a Texas location with lots of color and Western imagery, the other is beach, with a pale khaki and cream palette. One is over-saturated with color, the other under.

I did find some photos on a hard drive that I barely remembered taking, and some of those were perfect. I always have to submit new things because I work with so few clients they can't show the same things all the time. That's good and bad. Good because it keeps me out there with my camera, and bad because I don't often sell the same image for more than one project.

And I'm happy I had the foresight to get transparencies made of the last two landscape paintings I did, because I've already had an order for five giclees.

I've been contacted by one of the tenants of Texas Clinic and I'm meeting with them on Friday to discuss custom paintings for their suites. Right before that I'm seeing Henry, who wants to talk to me about the next clinic project. That's REALLY good news!

So I'm sending thanks and gratitude out to the universe for once again providing work so I don't have to go out and get a real job!

No comments: