Thursday, January 11, 2007

Working Out

Taken in the Dahlia Garden at the Conservatory in San Francisco
No, I haven't dragged myself to the gym yet this year, but I am working out my sadness by using my hands. I started a series of paintings for a rep on the west coast -- something that I had pledged not to do this year. I intended to quit doing production paintings (sometimes called multiple originals) and selling wholesale. However, I really needed something to do, and received an order which gets me in the studio and working. It's a good place for me to be right now, and indeed has sparked a little creativity. I have also begun some experimentation, of minimal white paintings. We'll see where it leads.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Love (née Acheson) said...

Hello Robin. I've been visiting your site for a short time but have never said hi! Thank you for posting as you do.

I would be interested to read how your minimal white paintings turn out. I have been thinking along similar lines for my entries to a "Black & White" group show.