Sunday, October 29, 2006

On Being Blue

"Corners 4", 36"w x 24"h, acrylic on canvas
In reviewing my database of 10 years worth of paintings, it's obvious that I lean toward a warm palette of reds, oranges, ochres. I don't know why I am suddenly attracted to blue. Phthalo blue no less! Yet I load it on my brush and love it....

This last painting in the "Corners" series is going back to those warm colors - and typically for me, it's getting tighter and more geometric. I still like it though. See the series.

6 comments:

garyb said...

I was going to say they're becoming deeper, more formal and complex.

Great series.

Walker said...

ahhh gary - you know how to flatter me....

Martha Marshall said...

Robin, I'm enjoying seeing what you do when left to your own devices. This series is great!

Pat said...

Robin, this is the best, most intriguiging of the whole series. It IS more complex and holds my attention longer. Not just pretty, but provoking.

Now, how's that for flattery?

Walker said...

wow - it's great to have friends!

Philip said...

I love this series of paintings. Wonderful.

Philip