Sunday, October 29, 2006

On Being Blue

"Corners 4", 36"w x 24"h, acrylic on canvas
In reviewing my database of 10 years worth of paintings, it's obvious that I lean toward a warm palette of reds, oranges, ochres. I don't know why I am suddenly attracted to blue. Phthalo blue no less! Yet I load it on my brush and love it....

This last painting in the "Corners" series is going back to those warm colors - and typically for me, it's getting tighter and more geometric. I still like it though. See the series.

5 comments:

garyb50 said...

I was going to say they're becoming deeper, more formal and complex.

Great series.

Walker said...

ahhh gary - you know how to flatter me....

Martha Marshall said...

Robin, I'm enjoying seeing what you do when left to your own devices. This series is great!

Walker said...

wow - it's great to have friends!

Philip said...

I love this series of paintings. Wonderful.

Philip