Thursday, June 29, 2006

Not on MY Resume

I've finished with the skulls. Lovely things. I'm through bad-talking that craft project, because I just found out they'll be hanging in a restaurant at the Gaylord Texan Opryland hotel. Yea! I did a lot of work for the Florida Gaylord Palms, and when the Texas project came up a few years back I was sure I'd be called on for commissions, but it didn't happen. Now I'm back in. I won't be adding this to my resume, however. How could a client take me seriously if they knew I did this?

On the other hand, I got joyful approval of the rework of one of the main pieces of my hotel registration project -- plus the go ahead to do the rest of the 12 pieces. Then got the deposit on the 6 piece resin installation. Then another order for 12 paintings (hotel public spaces). Then yesterday a client called to see if I would have time to finish her three abstracts before the end of July. I thought I would until the phone call I just hung up from telling me that another project I quoted some months ago has come through. It's four h-u-g-e canvases of western belt buckles measuring 7 ft by 10 ft each. Jeez!

So, I'm still going on my Yellowstone trip this Sunday, but it's feeling more and more like a guilt trip with this work piling up.

No comments: