Friday, April 21, 2006

Essential Elements

When looking for a place Id like to live I first test the "feel" of a place. The energy has to suit me or I move on. I can't find anything I don't like here. It seems there are castles on every mountaintop, arched bridges, canyons, rivers at every turn. There's a lush feel of abundance. Of course it's spring, and the air is scented by numerous floral displays, not the least of which is the lilac bush in the front yard with it's profusion of heavy blooms.

I've started painting. - with one week left.

Raya and I went to the beach yesterday - in Coullouire, a village on the Mediterranean favored by Matisse and his contemporaries. Numerous galleries displayed the work of local artists - none of it very innovative or even good by most people's standards. But the colors were bright - maybe reflecting the turquoise sea and the planes of red tile roofs.

I love France.

Inspiration: The Mediterranean sea

No comments: