Saturday, March 18, 2006

What is my Purpose?

That's what I'm pondering as I sort things out to take to France. My clients are all appropriately panicked, as usual. I've told them I won't be producing any more work until I leave town.

I feel like I need to have a purpose for the trip. I'm not excited about painting there, since I do that every day. And it's a given that I will be adding to my photography inventory. What I need is a new series. I can barely keep up with what I have going on right now, but everybody always wants something new. Perhaps the change of scenery and the presence of so many fine artists will inspire me. Sometimes it's the tiniest thing that leads to dramatic new work.

I met a woman on the airplane to Phoenix a couple weeks ago. She called and told me about her talented niece who is interested in interning. I might take her up on it after France. I could increase production dramatically with a helper. There would probably be a fine line between helping and getting in the way though. I don't have a lot of studio space.

Heard from my client after sending him the photo of the final version of the FV painting, and here is what he said (knowing I am heading off to France) -- "Magnifique, Se Magnifique!!! Votre peinture est absolument belle et nous aimons la clarté et les couleurs. Merci, merci!" I assume that he's happy!

No comments: