Saturday, January 14, 2006

Tropical Palms

It seems that palm tree paintings never go out of style in Florida. My current commission is for three paintings for a hotel in Orlando. Palm trees! This is the same hotel project that the grid paintings I just completed were for. Art for hotels is staged in phases. First the rooms, then different public spaces. The grids and these palms are all for suites. Art for common areas will be later in the year.

Other work this week included submissions of black and white photography for the remodel of the Hyatt at DFW airport. I guess they are losing market share to the new one recently opened at terminal D. Only one of my photos was selected (as far as I know). But, since it's room art, I'll be earning royalties on several hundred prints.

Yesterday I was contacted by a "friend of a friend" who is interested in licensing my work for printing on ceramic tile. He says he has a proprietary process that he is applying for a patent on. umm hmm -- we'll see.

In other news, I got a manicure, changed a door knob in the studio, and all week I've had my handyman here repairing my fence around the backyard. If I would have known it was going to be so expensive I would have remodeled the kitchen instead.

No comments: