Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Excess Inventory

In looking through my flat files this morning I noticed that I have lots of completed paintings just lying there. I don't like to keep inventory, and now I am feeling compelled to (1) send it to a rep, 2) take it to a local gallery, (3) completely re-work it or (4) throw it away. Yes, throw it away.

I did take a couple of old paintings -- a series that never did sell beyond one 32' long commission -- and print a landscape photo over the top. I'm not sure even that was enough to make it sellable. I did throw away two in that series. It was a color combination that just did not work.

Instead of cleaning out my files, I am starting something new... a series of very abstracted and textured minimilist landscapes. First step was printing the template on the paper. They will be 18" squares on 30 x 44 paper. Now I am taping.

No comments: