Thursday, November 10, 2005

Choosing Work

One of my clients called me yesterday and asked if I wanted to start printing giclees for them like a service bureau would. I said no. I don't want to be tied to my computer and printer - and printing things that aren't my artwork doesn't interest me. That just takes time away from my creative endeavors -- which I have little enough time for.

I must say that it's hard to say no to the income that represents. I know that someone will do it and get paid for it -- and it could be me. That's how self-employed people look at things, in dollar values.

On the other hand, I have a new hotel project to create concepts for. I would rather do that.

And I have a large order coming from one of my reps on the west coast. This is commission work that I submitted pricing for months ago. It's new construction and they have created the space with my paintings in mind. At least that's what my rep told me!

No comments: