Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Lull

I am still feeling lazy, but have not delivered the resin boxes yet. I swear I will never do another resin box! I've been plagued by Murphy's Law, and the sooner I get them out of my studio the better. I gave them a good coat of Turtle Wax, and at least they will resist fingerprints for awhile.

I do have another project that I am working on. A lot of it is large scale photography on canvas, and I have already processed all the photos, so the printing should go smoothly. That's low-stress work. There are three large paintings that go with that project, but I am not in a hurry to start them.

Two other bits of good news. One is that the Ritz Carlton Dallas is looking for more art! I sent over some things that I was working on for my West Coast rep. The other is that I got a phone call last night telling me one of the tenants at Texas Clinic wants a big custom painting for their suite. The new year will be starting off with a bang.

My framer's having a big holiday meal at lunch today, and I am fighting with myself about whether to go. Fresh from watching the season finale of the Biggest Loser last night, I am not inclined to eat high fat high sugar holiday food. We'll see if I can hold out....

No comments: