Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Illustration


I wasn't trained as a fine artist. That's one of the reasons I accept challenges to create things I have no idea how to do. Most things are fairly straightforward. Like these drawings for a hotel in Hawaii. This is the drawing of the taro (elephant ear) which is native to Hawaii. There are three other images, all crustaceans.

Now that this project is completed, I'm back to the design for the cast piece for the giant resort project. I finished a design this afternoon and sent it off to my client. I won't hear a response until tomorrow. I went ahead and ordered the modeling foam so I can carve the positive to make the mold from. Another thing I've never done before!

3 comments:

Mary Richmond said...

This is a lovely drawing

Walker said...

thanks Mary - it's something new for me.

Anonymous said...

I love elephant ears I have two big ones growing in front of my house