Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Dust and Debris


I knew it would be messy, but I didn't know the dust would have such sticking power. After gluing two pieces of foam together and cutting it to size I couldn't wait to start cutting. First I took my full size pattern and transferred it to the foam using graphite paper. Then I got out my Dremel tool, Exacto knife, and other various cutting tools. And sandpaper, the screen kind you use for wallboard.

I've just started, and can immediately see that this won't be as hard as I expected. What you see about is about twenty minutes work. The Dremel tool can get away from you, so that was a surprise. I'll have to use a gentle hand with it. But the cutting bit I'm using is very effective. I think it's all going to work out fine. Deep sigh of relief!

No comments: