Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Yesterday I Said No

Not finished yet, but it's coming along nicely I think.

A new Purchase Order arrived via email yesterday. It's a nice order, all photography and digital prints. But it came at a time when I was finishing up that huge print order, and all those thousand prints still inhabited my physical and mental space. It was too much! So when a request for a custom photo shoot followed that, I just said no.

And I only said it because when my client inquired about my health (I have a little sinus thing going on), I told her I was a little overwhelmed, and she said, "well, that's because you never say no. That's why I always call you." To which I replied (in reference to the photo shoot), well, I'm saying "no" now. It felt great!

Of course that was yesterday. Today I have delivered all those prints, my second office is cleared out, and even my studio is fairly clean. The Texas Clinic grid painting is nearing completion, and I'm happy with it. Now I'm trying to figure out if I can do that photo shoot after all, silly me.

I'm trying to keep my mind off of it, because I have enough other things already going on. No resting on my laurels yet.

Besides, if I was going to do any resting, I'd be doing it in France with my friends who are visiting there now!

3 comments:

Emily said...

I don't know how you do it...I love the energy of your work ethics.

Good luck with the sinus thing, I've just barely gotten over one as well. They are not fun and can make so much feel blah.

Pat said...

And boy would you be resting! The weather this week is wet, cold, windy, wet, cold, windy, and now and then for 5 minutes a bit of weak sun! Lots of sleeping going on as well as eating. Can't even get a good picture done. Ellie says same forecast until maybe Sunday. What a week. Rather be here than home tho'!

Wish you were here too.

Pat

Walker said...

aw heck - a message from France! Have fun you lucky chicks!