Sunday, February 25, 2007

Ritual of Repetition

Fishing 2
I started a new series today. I've laid out the first layer on 12 paintings on paper. I have an idea that I want to pursue, based on personal symbols, similar to the Fishing series above. At this point I don't know what they are, and will poise my pencil over the prepared ground to see what happens. I will repeat the symbols in each painting. No planning. This is a project I am taking with me to Santa Fe. The series is sold, I just have to paint it.

I've been saying that this is not a good time for me to travel, since I just returned from San Francisco, but I am making it work time, so it's profitable. I wanted more than anything to be able to help my friends -- without it hurting my pocketbook, and this order dropped in my lap. Thank you Drew at Capstone Art.

My publisher, Metroartworks, has been asking for more work from me, so I have emailed photos of the Ste Colombe series.

No comments: