Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Snowfall

Inspiration of the Day: snowfall and the attendant light
In visiting so many galleries in the past two weeks, it's surprising that my inspiration does not come from another artist. True to my history, I am inspired by nature. More to the point, my mind is wrapped around how similar encaustic is to winter weather. I have always been attracted to encaustic anyway, but for me it's a winter medium. With ice sheeting the patio outside, I am reminded how wax creates a layer that reveals but protects the layer below. Very esoteric, no?

1 comment:

Annette Bush said...

Yep, pretty esoteric -- but nice. And true.

I wonder if blogging helps us put subconscious thoughts into words. Sometimes I think stuff which I don't say out loud because I know who will understand.
AAB