Tuesday, October 03, 2006

What Comes Naturally


"Evening Conversation with My Sister"
acrylic on canvas, 36" x 36" x 2"

I am not the type to hold in emotions. Sometimes I try, for appearance sake, or to preserve another's dignity. Which is just one more reason why I am so thankful for my ART.

I have been processing some bad news about a family member. Not even one day has passed since I heard, but oh the many minutes my mind has been wrapped around it.

This painting is in response to that. I had no plan when I started, just a basic composition, plus three colors of paint, plus black and white. I'm really happy with how it turned out, and it says just what I want. That makes it a successful painting to me.

6 comments:

Karen Jacobs said...

Very strong painting, even without the story behind it.

Walker said...

thanks KJ

fleeboy said...

wow! you've got it where it counts, lady.

garyb50 said...

Incredible painting... Luminous.

Anonymous said...

it's like being in a ditch of emotions

Joyce said...

Powerful painting!