Tuesday, September 12, 2006

A Day to Do Things

Some days you know are special, some are significant, some are sad. So it was with the five year anniversary of what Americans have dubbed "9/11".

Today is just a day to do things. After complaining to my good friend that I had no commission work in the studio, I got an out-of-the-blue phone call from a designer I don't know. She's local and found me on the internet. Her firm is designing a bank in a small town about an hour and a half from Dallas, and she wants to commission some art. I love getting a new client that way - with no effort on my part at all.

This morning I have a meeting downtown (I'll take my camera) with another new client, for the healthcare facility that I will be working on soon. This one is with Henry Brilliant, the guy who saw my work at a local hospital and decided I was the perfect artist for him -- for a long-term collaboration. I met him for the first time last week, and it was like we were old friends. The design firm is very cutting edge, and will be a good partnership going forward.

Also got a phone call at 7:00 last night, placing an order for six paintings that I quoted last week, so the studio is booked again - yay!

1 comment:

Annette Bush said...

Lovely that you have such terrific projects ahead, Robin. A new client should make up for the baddie who wanted the art redone! Good for you.
Annette