Tuesday, June 27, 2006

What's In the Studio

As an admitted workaholic, I'm happiest when I'm over-working. It wasn't enough that I'm in the middle of a 12 pc installation project, and decorating cow skulls. I decided I needed a third thing and started a couple new abstracts.

Some of this is brought on by a conversation I had yesterday with a new player in the decorative art field. It seems that a group of ex-Winn Devon employees have started a new company in Seattle. They are actively recruiting artists who are multitalented. In other words, they want to keep the corral of artists small, but in that group have members who create a large number of different styles. Like me!

Again, another way to distract myself. I already have all the work I can do and am considering a studio assistant. On the other hand, based on the two abstracts I'm doing right now in the middle of a studio in disarray, I really do have a little extra time I could put to good use.

I'm obviously insane.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I totally understand being a workaholic...hmm, that ex-Winn Devon group sounds intriguing! How does one apply?

Btw, I love your blog...not only inspiring but practical advice. I nearly follow it daily. I'm adding you to my links; hope you can do the same. :)