Thursday, December 29, 2005

Tourist Time

Took a road trip to St. Petersburg Florida yesterday -- and did all the normal touristy things. Went down to the pier and drove around town. Was surprised to see the bright white sand and clear green water on the beautiful beach.

Luckily ran into the Arts Center downtown which was so full of imaginative paintings, sculpture, jewelry and glass. Luscious!

Visited the Salvador Dali museum, and the tour guide was extremely knowledgeable -- showing hidden images in the paintings that I would have never noticed on my own.

In Tampa I visited the "Bodies" exhibit, which is a scientific presentation of fully preserved human bodies (and parts). Fascinating.

In an hour I will be leaving Lakeland and heading for Orlando. Will make a quick stop at the Gaylord Palms resort which is full of my artwork, then head to the airport for the flight home. I am ready!

No comments: