Sunday, December 25, 2005

Florida at Christmas

The house in Lakeland has been a whirlwind of relatives and kids, all making plans to visit my sister who is spending Christmas in the hospital. It's not the kind of holiday I expected, but it's what we get to deal with. She has a fractured vertebrae and we won't know until the results of the MRI if it's from age related osteoporosis or a lesion from her cancer. We are all anxious.

Yesterday I went out in the backyard and looked around my sister's art studio. She is an amazing artist -- has only been painting a short time and continually learns and explores. She has a true passion for painting that many "Sunday painters" lack. Lying in the hospital bed in excrutiating pain she says "I just want to go home and paint."

That's inspiring.

No comments: