Saturday, December 13, 2008

Saturday Resin Casting

Now that I'm all set up in my new place, I'm challenging my production layout by resin casting today. I'm afraid I have put this project off to the very last minute and now I'm working on Saturday. I had a new mold made this week, and today I'm making a casting of clear resin with rocks. It's part of the 17 pc 3d installation for a Houston hotel.

I've also got a couple of print jobs running, in response to two new purchase orders this week.

Business has not slowed down for me, and that's a good thing since I'm paying rent for the first time in my 11 year career.

The luxury hotel business remains strong, with projects that have been in place for a long time. Presumably they can't cancel new construction that's incomplete. There has been some scaling back of original art, but that doesn't really affect me, either, since I'm capable of producing giclees of my own work.

I went to a popular art show last night, and business was brisk. Indeed I spent a little money of my own on hand blown glass tumblers. I love to surround myself with handmade items, and these sparkly glasses were just the ticket.

No comments: