Wednesday, January 09, 2008

What a Blast!

With the fast pace of 2007 behind me I thought I'd have a lull in January 2008, but it's not to be. It's only the 9th and I've got three purchase orders in house already, and have quoted several more projects. And it looks like I'll be doing all the artwork for model room for the new Ritz-Carlton property. I submitted concepts for it last week, and yesterday got a file with all the images that were selected.

In order to shake up my routine, and maybe add a new skillset, I started a metal arts class last night. That's right, welding! I thought there would be a bunch of guys in the class, but it's four women, all artists. Yay!

And I signed up for a web design class that I badly need. My website is pitiful! But I'm having a hard time keeping up with technology these days. I'm hoping the structure of a real class will be enough to keep me focused. Alternatively I'm talking to people about doing it for me.

I've been in the studio the past two days, have paint all over me, which is how I like it.

And I've been asked to quote another resin job! This one is 18 pcs of 3d cast resin. I would have to sculpt the original, make a mold and cast each one. This might be something I can subcontract part of. I'd rather do the original and have someone else do the casting.

2 comments:

Kesha Bruce said...

Cheers to you for diving right in and trying to new things at once. Could definitely make for a very interesting 2008.

I can't wait to see what you do with your new skillset!

Walker said...

Hi Kesha- loved looking through your website. Since you live in France, can I come visit and bring six of my friends? Bet you hear that alot!