Tuesday, November 06, 2007

In the Flow

This photo was taken outside Ste Colombe, France last year. I've been thinking of France since a couple of my artist friends just returned from a lovely visit there and I'm jealous!

We've all experienced times when our lives just flowed without conflict. I'm in one of those periods now, and things are good. I've completed a number of large projects, and have a couple of purchase orders in house for new things.

This weekend I attended the Healthcare Design conference, and made some contacts that seem promising. I printed tear sheets to hand out, and one person I met said "oh! You're "A Walker"? I just sold 25 of your paintings on a hospital project!" She promised to send me photos of the installation.

And Carl told me that he sold 50 giclees of my work for a hospitality project. Guess the check will be in the mail.
Solo Show at Scott and White hospital

Yesterday I took down my solo show at the Smith Art Gallery at the Scott and White hospital in Temple, TX. I met the art consultants that are just completing the installation for all the art in the new addition to the hospital. That's another company that might turn out to be a nice new client for me, too. They were already familiar with my work.

cast resin, 36 x 36

Today I got to see the final painted cast of the carving. The colors weren't exactly right so I made a few touchups, now it's perfect! Looks like rusted metal, right?

longhorn photography, 32 x 42

And the other thing that I haven't talked much about is the large photograph for a huge resort project. I sold the rights to the image, and someone else is printing it on metal. The color isn't right on that either, but it will have to do for model room, we can make adjustments after the purchase order arrives!

7 comments:

Karen Jacobs said...

Incredible! The Ste Col photo grips my heart... the carving from foam, wow! Love seeing what you do with photography... all in all... incredible!

Walker said...

aw Karen - thanks!

Anonymous said...

Robin,
Thanks for stopping by my booth to say hello! I know that took a little effort with almost 3,000 people at the conference.

I was surprised by how young you are. Reading through your blog I know you have a lot of experience, so your youth surprised me.

Anonymous said...

Robin,
Thanks for stopping by my booth to say hello! I know that took a little effort with almost 3,000 people at the conference.

I was surprised by how young you are. Reading through your blog I know you have a lot of experience, so your youth surprised me.

Walker said...

why Henry - what a perfect compliment! I was surprised at how handsome you are! Hope the show was good for you.

Pat said...

You and Cheryl are hard to beat right now! Your cast is wonderful and I too love your photo. Seems to take me right back!

Pat

Kim Ritner said...

I've loved watching your process on the cast resin. It turned out wonderful!