Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Using What You Got


I'm in my last phase of printing images for Texas Clinic. Instead of starting over from scratch developing new photography to combine with paintings for digital constructions, I am using photography that I already created for a different job. Why reinvent the wheel, right? I am creating these the same way that I do digital mockups, cutting and pasting, really.

It's good to be working on something that doesn't have the level of anxiety of the carving. I took photos of the final piece before I delivered it to the mold makers yesterday. This is a nerve-wracking process. First I have never worked in that medium before (foam carving). Second, I've never had this company make a mold, and third, we have a Nov 1 install date. Yikes! Even my client called me last night (after work hours) for reassurance that it's all going to be good. How the heck do I know? We're all doing our best and trusting in a good finale.

2 comments:

Karen Jacobs said...

Man! Maybe your adrenalin isn't rushing but mine sure is! That foam/mold project, and all the uncertainties that go with it, has me on the edge of my seat! Anyway... fingers crossed, can hardly wait to see the finished product.

Anonymous said...

Mine too! Exciting project, Robin.

Courage, fingers and toes crossed, but I KNOW you can pull this one off!

Pat