Thursday, August 23, 2007

Slugfest

I don't think anyone would call me lazy -- only because I don't admit to afternoons lolling on the couch or on a float in the pool. Truly I don't do that often, because guilt sets in quickly. Thus it is that in order to totally veg-out, I have to leave town. Which brings me to the fact that it's 9:20 am, and I'm in a fancy hotel room in downtown Chicago. My friend Nancy is in her conference, and I have decided to do nothing. Maybe read a book and nap. I'm not taking my camera out to investigate this fabulous city. I won't turn on the TV. I am totally relaxing -- and I have to say it comes easily once I'm out of my house. ahhhh..... I didn't realize how badly I needed a break!

4 comments:

CMC said...

ha ha....glad to see the bad weather yesterday didn't affect your flight, etc. Or the weather today either....so veg out!

fleeboy said...

*fluffs laurels*

Joanie Gagnon San Chirico said...

Thank goodness you took a well deserved break! I was afraid you were burning yourself out. Have a great time!!

Mary Richmond said...

As someone who tends to work all the time and who has difficulty just doing nothing I can totally relate. Lately I've been looking at a week of vacation I have coming up and realizing I just want to hang around and read and nap and maybe draw a bit but really just relax....enjoy! Life is short.