Wednesday, June 20, 2007

If They Don't See It

Yesterday I read somewhere the maxim "If they don't see it, they won't buy it." Actually, if they don't see it they can't buy it, right?

In applying that to my artwork, I make "samples" of new designs or color palettes and supply these to my client. Usually they are 12"x 12" sqs on paper, an easy size for me. They are concept pieces and I don't intend for them to be sold, although sometimes that happens.

Apparently I'm really hot right now, since I've sold five of those "samples" in the past week.

And today I got a call from a publishing company showing interest in some images my other publisher turned down.

I like to talk about things that go well. That doesn't mean that I don't have down times, I certainly do!

And as well as things are going right now, I have to admit that I have totally screwed up three paintings on boxes. I just went a step too far, shouldn't have applied that last dry-brushed coat of white. So instead of being finished, I'm starting over.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure evrything will be fine! You have great talent and I really enjoy reading your blog! Hang in there!

Walker said...

Thanks!