Tuesday, May 01, 2007

How To Paint

As promised, these are some of the paintings I completed in the Burridge workshop. Top left and bottom left are collage and paint, the rest are all painted.
It's really true that the whole "secret" to learning to paint, is painting. There are no secrets, no special brushes, canvases or paints. Just the committment to paint.

Last night as I sank back into my "home" routine I realized that I hadn't painted all day. I have commission work that I left undone to go to California, so I pulled out a few pieces and put finishing touches on them. I always like to be productive, so that made me feel good. I'll do the same thing today before I jump in my car and go to my gallery to pick up the specs for the next commission.

I'm making time to go to the gym today. My friend Janet is clamoring for it, thank goodness for her!

Inspiration of the Day: painting in series

2 comments:

Cyndy Goldman said...

Thanks for visiting and leaving your comments! Always great to hear feedback from other artists. I love your Blue Cosmos! Just returned from an Encaustic Retreat in Carmel Valley and will definitely come back to visit your blog and view your paintings.

Anonymous said...

DEAR MAM ,
I LIKE YOUR WORD'S TO BE A PAINTER YOU JUST NEED ''COMMITTMENT'' IT GAVE A BOOST TO PAINT TO NIGHT , HOPEING TO SEE MORE OF YOUR PAINTINGS IN FUTURE THANK'S FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY.

MAIL dr.rathoud@yahoo.co.in