Monday, May 07, 2007

Feeling Blue

For some time now I have had a love affair with the color blue, reinforced by the design industry which is currently embracing all hues. My paintings from Mendocino arrived, with a lovely blue forest painting. Once I saw it in my own studio I had to get my brushes out again -- to perfect it. I'll photograph it tomorrow and post it for comments.

Also in the box were several more blue paintings. I was working with a three color combination from a color wheel, and although I kept trying different combinations, my brushes kept picking up blue as a dominant color.

Talked to the gallery director at Smith Art Gallery with the Scott and White hospital in Temple, TX. There is room for 13 paintings at my October solo show. I have a plan for that, and the first one of the series just came back from Mendocino. More tomorrow about that.

No comments: