Friday, March 16, 2007

Searching for Wildflowers

I thought my trip from Dallas to Austin would be replete with rolling pastures bursting with the green of new grass, highlighted by orange Indian Paintbrush and the complement, Texas Bluebonnets. That was a bit optimistic of me. The reality was lots of traffic, road construction, and fields of winter brown.

I stopped fifty miles north of Austin, knowing there was a hotel shortage, but the whole town of Georgetown was booked up. I took a turn and headed towards the country, off the interstate, an found an Econolodge with rooms to spare. I'm still about an hour away from the location of the workshop in the morning, but at least I'm not sleeping in my car in the WalMart parking lot.

1 comment:

Bobbi A. Chukran, Author said...

Damn, Robin...you were about 15 miles from us...we surely could have scraped the cats off the sofa for you. Oh well, maybe next time.

bobbi c.