Thursday, November 23, 2006

Giving Thanks

What a crazy morning!

At the very last minute I decided to cook my own turkey even though I'm sharing the big meal with a large group of friends. I barreled down to the closest grocery store about 15 miles away, bought a turkey and a few other necessities, came home and put the bird in the oven. Debbie is here and we thought we should have the smells in the house today.

I'm bringing mashed potatoes - and since there will be a crowd I cooked 10 pounds. What a mess of potatoes that's going to be! But I like to be in the kitchen, it's just another creative activity to me.

I'm thankful for so many things -- I have my own long personal list, as everyone does. I don't save them all to count up for this one day, though. Every night before I go to sleep, the last words in my mind are "thank you". We never know when we won't wake up.

No comments: