Friday, August 25, 2006

Heavy Breathing

Not the same as deep breathing - but nonetheless I've had to remind myself to breathe this week. So after griping to my good friend, she convinced me to take off and go to the movie this afternoon. Hope that doesn't cause me to miss my Monday deadline on the three grid paintings I've got working in the studio.

I've had a big project presented to me -- which is very exciting. My client and I will work as a team to put together an art package for this large resort. I will be able to include both paintings and photography, and maybe some 3D sculpture I've been creating (in my head only). This is the way I like to work. I will know the budget going in, the design, the palette, and the location. That way I can more clearly design artwork to exactly fit the project. Will be fun and I'm looking forward to it.

Also planning a trip to south Texas to visit my dear old Dad. My sister is going, too, and after her health issues this past six months I want to make sure I see her whenever I can.

This is a picture of me and my friend David who I visited in San Rafael, CA. He is a glass artist specializing in etching and does a lot of high profile work, the last being a project for the Smithsonian. I knew him back in the early 80s when I was also a glass artist. We met at a glass convention and became close friends. I hadn't seen him in 23 years!

3 comments:

Annette Bush said...

Robin It's so rare to hear frustration from you. Hope you get that nasty project finished soon and can get to the new fun one. But. . . a visit with such an old friend. What a ray of sunshine!
A

Bee Skelton said...

It never ceases to amaze me how people like yourself and for example actors, continually cope with critism. The closest I came so far to being in the firing line was in my 'former' life when I did design work for magazines. I was lucky. A brief would come by post, with tear sheets or some other kind of source material and I would do the job, send it back then not another word till the cheque arrived. They must have been easily pleased ;-) It was kind of anonymous. But to be face to face with an exacting client as you often are, would absolutely throw me. You are amazing! This current client has got under your skin, but to keep it in proportion, just remember all the many briefs that sailed smoothly along from conception to completion with yourself and client in serene swanlike composure. You're a star!

Walker said...

Just when I think I'll quit all this and choose another career people like you two pop up and make me change my mind! You are my blessings! Robin