Friday, May 19, 2006

Other People's Lives

Storm over Phoenix
"Yesterday, I mostly watched dust blow across the landscape with amazing force, and rain come out of clouds and dry hundreds of feet in the air. It appeared as some sort of perverse magic, as the sunlight turned the water drops into silvery crystals right before they disappeared, sparkling."

That was written by my artist friend Pat Chapin who recently moved from the beach to the desert. I know I don't want to live in such a dry arid place, yet her description entices me.

Why am I so envious all of a sudden? Since I have been back from France (which seemed to be shrouded in a golden mist) I haven't been happy with my "real" life. Other people's lives sound infinitely more interesting, engaging, and "sparkling".

sigh

No comments: